Research Officer, Innovation Support Centre, UKOLN
- Tel: +44 (0)20 8856 7369
- Fax: +44 (0)20 8856 4162
- Email: email@example.com
Areas of interest
- Distributed library service development -
- Z39.50 applications
- Inter-library lending and ISO ILL protocol
- Resource discovery
- Item identifiers (especially
- Library management systems - distributed development
- Related developments in Europe
- Introduction to the MODELS Information Architecture (MIA). MIA
requirements analysis study consultation meeting, London, 26 July 1999.
- The Agora hybrid library project. European Library Automation Group
99 seminar: Managing Multimedia Collections, Bled, Slovenia, 21-23 April
- The Agora hybrid library project. National Electronic Library for
Health: London Symposium, 2 December 1998.
- Mining the information landscape. Integrate, Cooperate, Innovate:
eLib Phase 3 Conference, December 1998.
- Interoperability and Z39.50. MSc lecture, University of Bristol, 24
- Agora introduction. Meeting for Agora service providers. London, 11
- MODELS outcomes. UKOLN Management Committee meeting. Bath, 28 October
- Agora: building the technological infrastructure. Hybrid libraries
regional workshop. University of Leeds, 15 October 1998.
- Z39.50 update. eLib project managers forum. University of Warwick, 8
- eLib clump projects and Z39.50. Interlend 98 - Forging links (Forum
for Interlending conference). University of Surrey, 23-25 June 1998.
- MOving to Distributed Environments for Library Services. Scope for
collaboration: implementing archives and library networks. University of
London, 18 June 1998.
- MODELS - where we are now. A distributed national electronic resource
(MODELS workshop 6). Bath, 5-6 February 1998.
- MODELS architecture. eLib phase 3 meeting with library systems
suppliers. London, 20 January 1998.
- MODELS and Z39.50 profile development. EFILA meeting. Brussels, 20
- Networking and MODELS. South Western Regional Library System seminar.
Bath, 23 October 1997.
- Z39.50: what's it all about? ASLIB Computer Group meeting: Z39.50 in
practice. University College London, 20 October 1997.
- Collection level description: facilitating distributed resource
discovery. Digital Resources in the Humanities 97 conference. University
of Oxford, 14-17 September 1997.
- Tracy Gardner and Rosemary Russell. Collaborative workspace
environments: experience of evaluation and selection in the Agora
project. VINE, 109, February 1999.
- Rosemary Russell. The Agora hybrid library project. Relay,
- Rosemary Russell. Mining the information landscape. New Review of
Information and Library Research, Vol. 4, 1998.
- Rosemary Russell and Greg Newton-Ingham. Agora: building the
technological infrastructure. New Review of Academic Librarianship,Vol.
- Stephen Pinfield, Jonathan Eaton, Catherine Edwards, Rosemary
Russell, Astrid Wissenburg and Peter Wynne.
the hybrid library. D-Lib, October 1998.
- Rosemary Russell. MODELS: landscaping the information environment.
LASERLink, Autumn 1998.
- Rosemary Russell, Sally Criddle and Sarah Ormes.
landscapes for a learning society: UKOLN conference report. Ariadne,
16 (web version), July 1998.
- Lorcan Dempsey, Rosemary Russell and Robin Murray. A utopian place of
criticism?: brokering access to network information. Journal of
Documentation, 55 (1), January 1999, 33-70.
- Rosemary Russell and Lorcan Dempsey. A Distributed National
Electronic Resource? MODELS workshop 6 report. The Electronic
Library, 16 (4), August 1998.
- Lorcan Dempsey, Rosemary Russell and Robin Murray. The emergence of
distributed library systems: a European perspective. Journal of the
American Society of Information Scientists, 49 (10), August 1998,
- Lorcan Dempsey, Rosemary Russell, Robin Murray and Richard Heseltine.
Managing access to a distributed library resource. Program,
32(3), July 1998. Draft
- A Distributed
National Electronic Resource? Ariadne, 14 (web version),
- Rosemary Russell. Standards for serials: building the basis for
distributed access. Serials, 10 (3), November 1997, 357-364.
- Rosemary Russell. Towards new models for managing and accessing
serials resources. Managing Information, 4 (8), October 1997,
- Rosemary Russell. UKOLN MODELS 4: evaluation of cross-domain resource
discovery. In: Daniel Greenstein and Paul Miller (eds) Discovering
online resources across the humanities. Bath: UKOLN (on behalf of
the Arts and Humanities Data Service and the UK Office for Library and
information Networking), 1997, 18-21.
- Lorcan Dempsey and Rosemary Russell. Clumps or... organised access to
printed scholarly material. Program, 31(3), July 1997, 239-249.
- Rosemary Russell. Searching in clumps. Library Technology,
2(3), June 1997.
- Lorcan Dempsey, Rosemary Russell and John Kirriemuir
distributed library systems: Z39.50 in a European context. Program,
30 (1), January 1996.
(I worked at The Library Information Technology Centre, South Bank
- LIBSYS.UK: a directory of library systems in the United Kingdom
. London: LITC, 1995. (With Juliet Leeves.)
- From VINE to UKOLN: four months on. VINE,100, September 1995,
- Public library networking: an overview. VINE, 98, March 1995,
- Z39.50/SR: an overview. VINE, 97, December 1994, 3-8.
- INNOPAC innovates? VINE, 96, September 1994, 30-39.
- Inter-library lending and document delivery: an overview. Vine,
95, June 1994, 3-6.
- From CALM to CALM 2000. VINE, 95, June 1994, 50-60.
- Exodus to GENESIS? VINE, 94, March 1994, 38-47.
- Plain sailing with SWETS. VINE, 92, September 1993, 36-40.
- Library systems for schools: introductory pack. London: LITC,
- Library housekeeping systems for MS-DOS: introductory pack.London:
- Retrospective conversion and sources of bibliographic record
supply. Report 4. London: LITC, 1992.
- Report on EFILA inaugural meeting, Brussels, 16 January 1995. Library
Technology News, 16, February 1995, 8-9.
- Report on ELAG: library systems seminar, Budapest, 27-29 April 1994.
Library Technology News, 13, June/July 1994, 7-8.
- EDI: an introduction. Vine, 94, March 1994, 3-4.
- ELAG 17th library systems seminar: the virtual library, Graz, 14-16
April 1993. Library Technology News, 8, June/July 1993, 5-6.
- Editor VINE, 1994-1995.
- Editor Library Technology News, 1992-1993.
Last updated 05-nov-1998
Back to the UKOLN staff index