Robert Graves Special Collections information available on the Web
Manuscripts and Papers
- Listing of major Special Collections. Robert Graves Archive.
- Listing inclusive of smaller holdings of: Robert Graves Manuscript & Correspondence. Robert Graves Archive.
- Library of the State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo, Poetry/Rare Books section Robert Graves Collection [pages moved 11 May 99; link updated 14 May 99]. Not a great deal of information available as yet. A fuller description is available from the Robert Graves Archive
- Library of the University of Victoria, British Columbia Robert Graves Collection. The document is also available in French: Collection Robert Graves. There is an electronic description of the University of Victoria's holdings available from the Robert Graves Archive; plus the more extensive, and recently mounted (September 1998), Robert Graves Full Inventory, prepared by Chris Petter at the University of Victoria. The Library is currently investigating the use of EAD (Encoded Archival Description) as a finding aid.
- The McFarlin Library, University of Tulsa, Robert Graves Papers. Still available via gopher, but a thorough description of their substantial holdings. The document is just over 40k in size, and usually takes some time to download in Europe.
- St John's College, Oxford Robert Graves Trust holdings. This is the new and up-to-date listing made available by the Robert Graves Society on the 11th November 1998.
- Listing of the manuscript holdings of the St John's College, Oxford, Robert Graves Trust. This is the Robert Graves Archive listing, based on the work done during the Leverhulme funded project in 1994-5. This list preserves something of the order in which materials were transferred from the Deya Archive up to October 1995.
- A selection of Graves Papers held by the Royal Welch Fusiliers Regimental Museum at Caernarfon Castle, Caernarfon, Wales. This listing is based on the papers lent to the Robert Graves Trust in the summer of 1995. A number of them were featured in a centenary exhibition held in the St John's College Library in Oxford.[16 February 1999]
- A brief description of the collection at the Lilly Library, University of Indiana, the Gay mss. This is the collection of manuscripts in the charge of the late Karl Gay, Robert Graves former secretary and typist.
- Robert Graves Society: Graves Book Titles at St. John's College. English Language titles. Foreign language editions are not yet listed .
- Emory University, Robert Graves Book Collection, via EUCLID.
- The Online Web interfaced catalogue at the Harry Ransom Research Centre, University of Texas, Robert Graves Book Collection. Over five hundred items listed. Manuscript collection (more than 220 items) not available.
- Robert Graves Society: Graves Audio tapes at St. John's College. Mostly readings by other speakers. The listing does not indicate which items are incomplete (some).
conferences and events
Page updated 14 May 1999
Home Page | Email the Archive